In Tamil months, Aadi Month plays an vital role. More people feel that this month is unauspicious for marriage and any other important functions. Nobody knows the importance of this month. This month is very famous for Goddess. Every friday of this month is festival in Amman Temples. It is not an exception for Meenakshi Amman Temple. Yes, of course, Madurai Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple also celebrates Aadi Mulaikattu Festival during this month very grantly. In this year, this festival will be going to start on 1st August 2008 and ends at 13th August 2008. During this period, Meenakshi Amman will take procession in different chariots.
Special and Important occasions of Aadi Month:
- Aadi Krithigai - Dedicated to Lord Muruga
- Aadi Amavasya - Pray to anchestors on this occasion
- Aadi Pooram - Famous for Goddess Aandal Nachiar
- Aadi Perukku - This festival is celebrated at the holy rivers
- Aadi Thapas - Goddess Ambigai start Tapas on this day to destroy the devil. This festival is celebrated grantly at Sankara Nainar Temple.